Tuesday, March 17, 2015

What Scripture Study Means to me

Scripture Study is not always something I have done in my life. It wasn't something I was raised doing nor really taught. I did receive my scriptures at age 8 when I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. I remember for a time after that trying to read them and just having no understanding so I quit. Then one day Heavenly father told me I needed to read the scriptures. I knew I had nothing to loose and everything to gain. I have periodic times where yes even as a grown up I have a challenge of comprehension. And time where I fight it and go oh tomorrow night... but I have learned to keep my scriptures on my bed so I cannot forget them. Plus I feel comforted with them there to peruse at my leisure. They even act as a sheild for me and protect me from bad because I just have to open that book and goodness and light are there.  Reading the scriptures help us to keep our lives in prospective. By choosing the right to just keeping on track and it reminds us the true importance in life. That is so easily kiltered off track. We feel the holy ghost which fills us with spirit and God's love for us. It is a given tool to be used in life. In times of goodness and times of bad or hardships.

No comments: