Saturday, January 18, 2020

Food for thought

After last years tsunami hit our lives. I had been in survival mode. One crucial thing that happens after survival mode is you hit I have to deal with what just happened mode. And it is hard. It is hard to mentally breakdown the unimaginable. But I have been. I've been really focused on myself. And no I do not mean focused like I am the only person whose happiness matters type of focus... I mean like taking care of myself and working through emotional baggage. So I can move forward in life. The good thing is I have been here before. And after I was in this ever so fun vulnerable spot, I did move on and I did find peace and happiness. I have had a LOT of anxiety lately. And I am working on overcoming my fears. Oddly enough one thing like clockwork that I struggle with is people's perceptions of me. I am a people pleaser. So I am having  to work really hard to not care what others think. I also compare myself which is hilarious because apples and oranges baby! A quote that I have always stuck by is, "it's not about your scars. It's all about your heart." And I am finding that to be truer then ever. We get knocked down in life and others might at times make you feel bad about this. Bad that you're not doing everything the way they are. But know in your heart where you sit with heavenly father and what he wants you to do. Listen. Follow his direction and his guidance. That will get you through the storm. Stop and take a pause for yourself, quit pleasing others, (because they can't possibly know. Honestly. No one can actually go through what you're going through. It is just a fact. Compassion, yes compassion is always there.... but it is okay for people to not understand what you're doing in the moment.), and follow heavenly father's direction. That is a sure way to get to where you need to be. Because we do not need to be where the Joneses are, we need to be right where we need to be in this moement of our lives. Because we are all put here for different reasons to learn differently. This is the pathway home back to heavenly father. So goal is not to worry about what others are doing or think you should or shouldn't be doing, just do what you NEED to be doing. As long as you're following God and his plan you are doing what needs to be done. Heavenly  Father spoke to me this past week and told me this because I was consuming myself with negative energy. And he knew all I was doing is adding more pain then necessary trying to be quote on quote "perfect and pleasing". It is okay if it looks odd to others. Especially in my case I have 10 chronic illnesses. Why would the picture of me look like some one else, who does not?. Exactly it won't. No matter how hard I try to fit into a cookie cutter, I never will. So I am learning to embrace my differences because they make me me. They do not devalue me or take away, they build me up. We are all different in different ways and that is the. eauty of it. Just some food for thought this morning -Chelle.

No comments: