Friday, January 31, 2020

Body on fire solutions?

"Sometimes these wings get a little heavy I can't see between the lines but I'm rocking steady. When I can't  fly I start to fall but I've got wheels I'm rolling on" -Miranda Lambert.

Haven't seen this guy in a while... #backpack #backpack #tubie

Back to tube feeding we go. (It's a chocolate orgain meal replacement shake and baby formula cocktail.) 

I have been having some not so fun full body burning, fatigue, insomnia. I was getting really concerned. It is something that's been ongoing for months but getting worse by the week. It was only at night time but this week turned 24/7. We were not sure what to do or what was causing this nerve pain....  (having multiple diseases gets complicated to pinpoint issues. We hit our heads against the walls regularly. And it is simply harder this year. I lost my confidence in figuring out what is wrong with my body.) Then it hit me. The answer to my prayers. I have felt this way before.

It was during the time I was coming off my formula tube feeds to foods. My body was no longer absorbing the protein out of normal foods because it was so used to more broken down proteins in formula. Malabsorption from Gastroparesis? So I contacted my doctor to make sure this was on the right track and they agreed. So back to tube feeding. I never imagined I would be so istatic over tube feedings. You see the thing is, you can work with nutrtion. You can supplement it. Though I am eating by mouth my body is rejecting it. Ignoring it. Not processing it. And I have been muscle wasting causing these horrible symptoms. But the good news is fingers crossed for two days it seems to be doing the trick. Moral of the story, NEVER be ashamed of tube feedings. They keep you well and well is the best way to be! It doesnt matter HOW you get nutrtion it matters that you GET IT. It was definitely a God thing. He is with me always. Directing me down this crazy windy path. One day at a time. Simply blessed -Chelle

No comments: