Friday, April 24, 2020

Covid19 & Chronically ill Chronicles #6





My morning thoughts.

I have seen a lot of arguing over if we should re-open the country or not. Go back to normal or stay put? I have seen that some people feel their freedoms are being taken away and some are simply just sick of it and ready to get back to life... So I am sharing some of my own personal perspectives. I have been in the trenches of  ill health and I feel comfortable saying I know a lot about it. That being said I won't say I am right or my opinions are perfect. They are simply the way I view things and maybe another perspective for others to consider.

For years I could not get out of my bed let alone my house. I had to quarantine several times over the years and basically for years. I could not do what I wanted. I was too sick. I could not go out to eat. I couldn't socialize. I could not go do the errands I needed to do. I could not work. It was not the government stopping me. It was my own body. I could not draw a paycheck even though I had medical bills and needs just the same as any other human adult. I did not get disability every healthy person raves about as an answer for over 3 years. And then I was to live off $700 per month. I had to live at home with Mom and Dad and I will always be grateful for all they did for me during this time. They took care of their adult daughter. And for that I am obviously fortunate.

So WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH COVID19 LOCK DOWN? Sometimes in life we do not have control over things. The important things like paying our bills and feeding ourselves. It is truly scary. We do not know what to do day to day and there is not a clear cut person or thing to help us and this is scary. But what happens when we open things up too soon? The virus spreads like wildfire. Now our loves ones have it. Hospitals and ERs where we feel safe and can be healed are turning us away because they are not equipped to care for us. ALL the ventilators are taken, already in use. Who lives and who dies? Sorry we can not treat you and you or your loved on is now gone... They also know very little about Covid19. Is there long term effects if you get it? Take it from someone who works hard everyday to get up and be semi human with a defected body. There is nothing worse then when a doctor can not fix you, or treat you. A broken body leads to a broken life and will effects every single aspect of your life. You can not take a vacation from your body. So when you just can not handle another day, you will have to.

Sure you can choose to stay home if they open things up. There will be obvious repercussions. But majority of pole live with an essential worker and if this thing spreads like wild fire that essential worker will bring it home. Now staying at home has not protected you because people could not be patient for just a while longer. This is not a political post this is a listen to the doctors post. I don't claim to know it all this is just and only MY perspective. the health is a crown only the sick can see... Sometimes we just have to do what we do not want to. IF you are LDS listen to the Prophets and leaders words from general conference, take comfort in them. They said "This will pass" "Be patient" they guided us to pray, so pray with a prayerful heart for the right answer for you. But do not let fear be your actions let your decision be based on faith and the guidance of the Lord and our Savior Jesus Christ. And you will never fall. That is a promise. -Chelle

No comments: