Thursday, September 27, 2018

Celery Saga of 18

This is my "what did I do?" nausea face... Ugh! 
You guys! I ate a whole salad the other night at dinner! Now hold on, the salad bar came with the meal... So I originally got it to take it home for someone else to eat. (Why waste? Right?) well... I got brave and I was like this looks tempting. I've been eating extremely well lately. So, I caved. I started and I couldn't stop. Vegetables are delicious!! Especially when you have not had them in years! With croutons and dressing! Mmmh! I was literally in cloud 9, and I was so proud on myself. I was like well... Cool... I can eat salad now. (But I probably shouldn't regularly.) well yesterday I was cleaning out the crisper and the celery was on its last days. So I washed, cut it up, threw oh the bad parts. I ate some and threw peanut butter on it. It was also scrumptious! So I was waiting to get sick after my snack. Nope. Handled it like a champ. Today I had celery and peanut butter again. However, this time went as previously would have planned. To my suprise on day three I got very sick. Now I'm laying waiting on the nausea meds to absorb. I feel my super powers leaving me. (Wink wink lol) The other days of eating vegetables have caught up to me and have been a rapid reminder that yes, my stomach is paralyzed and I can't break down veggies no matter how much I want to. Some days it's a hard pill to swallow. And the funny part is I get told often how lovely it must be to not be able to eat. I can eat, What I can't do is digest food. I still crave and want to eat... It's a struggle alone. long story short is, if you have a functioning GI. Love it! Care well for it! And from the girl who can't eat vegetables, eat them!! They are good for you! I felt very healthy during the times I did well with them. It was fuel and it made me feel well. Back to the formula for nutrients. You don't fail unless you quit trying -Chelle 

No comments: