Wednesday, September 19, 2018

I broke my blood patch

I've undergone 4 epidural blood patches now, for a spinal fluid leak. Patch one did not do anything. Patch two helped. Patch three and four done at the same time, helped massively. Well, until I sat in a recliner sideways to keep my feet up and off the furniture. (I'm a POTSie we like to keep our feet in the air.) well, it was a very brief sit-down as I heard what sounded like fabric tearing. I looked over my out fit.. It was good. I did however notice a cold feeling straigh across my spine where my leak begins. I didn't panic and told myself it was ok. I would be fine, I was just nervous and over reacting. By the next day I was back to massive pain accompanied by massive symptoms. The pain in the head is doing better, the symptoms are not. I have severe brain fog, memories issues, I talk funny...( I kinda will add different accents to my sentences), also I say the wrong words and flip my words backwards, I have had some facial tremmors, I have had severe hunger, pressure in eyes and neck, neck burning, my eyes for me are harder to control in movement, I kinda get pale and grey looking at times, I have nausea.  Its truly a lot of symptoms. Obviously some are more severe then others but I fee the worst oven ever felt in my life. The mental tol this takes to lay flat all day everyday is so draining. Then the mental end that this physically causes... Spinal fluid leaks mess with your moods, they can and often cause depression. So to add these things on top of a already mentally draining situation... This is what makes it so hard! The epidural blood patches, the worry, the seriousness of it all. The doctor has sent myleogram testing orders to be done. This is the test they did not do, due to the severe risks it poses on me. This is step one for surgery. I don't feel the nurse is listening to me. The patch worked I just messed it up. The Doctors are going off chart notes. I'm praying one will call me. I've been trying to get one to all week. I feel nurse blocked. But I know she is just telling them that the patch didn't work. She even kept telling me a different version then the one I was telling. I'm down. I'm down big time. I need all the prayers I can possibly get. Heaven is the only way I can get the through this devistating time. I am heart sick. Lots of love -Chelle 

No comments: