Thursday, May 23, 2019

A Winter May Day. Recovery.


 Today is a very dreary, windy,  rainy/snowy day. This makes my body ache like never before and keeps me in bed. Or on the sofa typically where I am
not as boxed up and bundled up with the "polar bear"
Blanket my husband wrapped me up in.
He is pretty sweet. Also I can look out the Windows, use Netflix, the new Nintendo Switch,
My coloring books, and sometimes my kindle for E-books.
 Most importantly it's right by the kitchen of course!
This morning we woke up with my five alarms set for a doctors appointment for a medication adjustment. It was rough for both of us to get out of our warmed bed and out in the rain/snow.
Rain boots saved my feet at least, I was totally drenched walking into the clinic. Things are going well but they are still so hard. I just keep telling my family I feel like I  just woke up in February in a whole different body and I don't know how to work this one. It's physically different.
(But making progress with the puffiness.) My movements are different.
Sometimes talking is even different. Sometimes my
Own brain function is different. Sometimes I break down and cry for literally no reason.
That's part of Healing from autoimmune Encephalitis. My body has two modes. Sleep 16 plus hours per day with being woken up or no sleep at all for days.
This stinks! I will start a new medication for
This  Monday. The neurologist is using this medicine that's typically used for narcolepsy to
Help train my brain to wake up. It's being lazy and
Confused essentially. But the side effects are scary I won't lie. So let's pray they don't happen. 

Oh this is my couch. The cover is currently in the wash. I was very ill two nights ago and Mr. Wreckee got upset & peed on our couch!! So we have been diligently cleaning the spot the size of Texas up. Thankfully the cushion was covered in a plastic under the cover and thankfully the cover comes off and can be washed!! Phew! Would it be weird if I covered my whole couch on plastic like Marie on, "Everybody Loves Raymond"??? 
My dog literally never pees in the house and bamb!
So naughty little doggie!
My regime to recovery is to try to destress. And of course faith and hope  in the Savior's plan for me.  I also am trying to relearn/retrain the brain.
I can write but it's like Chinese and you can't read it typically. For some reason it also has to be very big. So I've taken up coloring books to help hopefully restore and reconnect this brain of mine. I'm 26 years old struggling to stay in the lines.
I'm also reading books again.
I ride my stationary bike and have just started playing "Just Dance" with Husband last week. It's hard because I've actually lost a lot of motor skills. I've lost my full ability to dance.
And if you know me you know I've always been a dancer.
This has been heart crushing to see and feel the awkward movements no matter how hard I try. I just simply feel like I've lost parts of me.
Hopefully they come back with time. As I write this I am on my couch lying down.
I looked down and for some reason I'm wiggling my
Toes.
There was a time not long ago I couldn't wiggle my toes or move my hands.
I couldn't hold a spoon or anything.
I couldn't walk without help. 
The important part is to remember just how far I've come these past few months.
Sure the better I get the more issues I find.
More lost knowledge or functions
But I don't give up and that's 50% of it.
So I'll color, I'll cry, & I'll keep moving on. Life is precious and I'm not going to waste it in self pitty. Bad days come but they also pass and good days replace them.
It may be raining today but there's always a chance for sunshine tomorrow.
-Chelle 


No comments: