Thursday, May 30, 2019

Just Gabs

I am down today. I am stuck in bed. But I have the best Husband ever. He made me coffe mixed with Breakfast essentials (just me shoving some vitamins in somewhere.) . I know we're not supposed to drink coffee but it does provide me relief in times of need. So I guess I use medicinal coffee. Lol.  I have Endometriosis with a side of a migraine. One day I'm up the next I'm down. Yesterday I put makeup on and curled my hair .
This is the first selfie I've taken all year due to the nasty steroid side effects of moon face. I used to bawl every time I looked in the mirror. I literally woke up a different person. My body was different in every way. It was really tough. My neurologist even apologized a few weeks ago for putting me on such extreme dosing but it was that or die. During it I proclaimed often, "I'd rather die"
But that was probably those steroids making me more manic then the Autoimmine Encephalitis was.  But things are improving slowly.
I wish faster but I'll be content with improvements.
 I definetly need to do more of that! It makes you feel so much better when you can feel like yourself and just simply put together. No we women don't need make up to be pretty. I just have always had a love in my heart for makeup and the way it makes me feel. And I hardly wear it anymore because sick took over and energy is sparse  & that's okay too! 
I finished month 3 of IVIG last weekend. And it makes me SO much better!! Lately we have noticed a huge GI improvement. (My whole GI system is paralyzed neurologically.) I can eat & drink 100% by mouth. I can even eat vegetables and fruit! But I am keeping the Gastric Tube. It was way to hard to get replaced once I slipped backwards and Really knocked me down. So I'll keep it and have it for those rough patches. Because we don't know. It's all a Rollercoaster of neurological chaos. We now know how to treat it though because I have autoimmune encephalitis. The goal for now is focused on time passing essentially. This next year is to see what my brain heals on its own. I have brain damage now. But if I stay in remission for a few years it shouldn't come back again. So the success rate is amazing. I started my immune supression therapy back up after a week pause. And my hair is falling out in clumps. I'm gonna need a wig you guys! They have definetly squashed my
Immune system this year. Sometimes it makes my stomach flip upside down to see all the hair that falls out in the bath. Every. Single. Time. (Daily).  Plus the hair we constantly find all over ourselves and the house. Then when I have to comb it. And I use a pick. I'm super careful! 

I have the best husband and if anything being sick has allowed for more time with him. 
We have been challanged this year unfairly.I think we've only been made stronger because of it. He is my best  friend and my other half .
I could not do it without him & I couldn't have found a better man on this earth to be my soul mate. 
I'm not just lucky but I am very blessed. I love you Husband! -Chelle 

No comments: