Saturday, May 25, 2019

Kinda Camping

As Husband's work camping trip came up I found myself growing nervous. First off I've never been camping. And second off...  have you met my body? I also haven't done any socializing in months and worried I lost my social skill and would come off super awkward. What if I moved or talked funny? What if I got heat intolerance and had presyncope? What  if my pain got out of control? What if I got cyclic vomiting? All the what if's took over  my thoughts.  But I pushed myself for a few hours and sitting by the camp fire I realized that in this very moment I could still have real life moments again. I can still have normalcy in my own life. I'm not fully
Broken anymore and I'm still me.  Sure, there  may be extra  planning and medications. There may be paybacks the next day. Things  may look different while I do them. But I can still have moments in life that are normal. What a blessing that insight is to have gained after this storms blown through. -Chelle

No comments: