Sunday, February 23, 2020

Oh So Good

Tonight is a quiet night in my house. Just me and the puppers curled up on the couch with the heating pad. Endometriosis is still not my friend. 
So I have been reflecting on my week and I have been blessed in so many ways. I feel lucky with simplicity. I had a fun weekend though it has left me physically drained. I feel like me more and more as time passes. 
I actually wanted to go to the store and buy clothes again. I am having enough energy thanks to tube feeding to get up and get ready. To live. Tube feeding is truly a blessing in my life. There are moments when I struggle because it is obvious to me that my brain is not the same from my autoimmune encephalitis. But then there are times I feel I am healing. IVIG is becoming the normal and  no longer something to grieve. A day or two a week of crumminess is worth feeling better. (Now that I can see the results.) I did get exposed to a cold today so feeling very nervous about this. I pray one of my many IVIG donors have had this strain and I will be protected. It is in God's hands and I choose to rest in that. 

Something that is comforting to me with my new crazy hair is hats. I used to feel bald but now that the hair is growing back it is just wild. It sticks up all over. So I wear hats. It is cold out so hats are comforting. Baby steps. That is my advice when coming out of your cocoon. Baby steps and faith in God's timing because it's not meant to be done in yours. Allow yourself to grieve and heal. Have patience with yourself and pray often -Chelle 

No comments: