Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Covid19 update #1, Rural AZ.


My mantra of the week has been, " It is well with my soul." I found this image across Facebook and it stuck in the midst of panic.

There has been comfort in spring cleaning my house this week, plus a full exercise. I find I worry a lot less when I stay busy during the day. I love that I have the ability to work from home.
My poor couch has been very used since the begging of our marriage. When you have conflicting sleep schedules with your spouse and chronic illnesses your couch takes the abuse.
I did find out through my nautropath that I have a calcium fluoride deficiency. I think it is from the harsh steroid use. So we have been supplementing and within a week my bones have nearly stopped burning completely. Due to this I have been more mobile and physical. I was even able to work out this week! BIG DEAL FOR ME!!!
I am using a lot of supplements in my liquid diet and that is also making a huge difference. (I am using Lady Boss Lean Vanilla Cake and Chocolate Orgain.) Slowly, but surely building this body of mine to be stronger. I LOVE seeing positive results in my health. It has truly been such a long recovery this time and still continues to be. The Coronavirus has taken my little social outings away but I have not gone backwards. this is not a setback.
                                 Though I do miss date nights....

Things have gotten a lot more serious in my area over the past week. In my last post, I was much more relaxed about the current situation because Covid19 had not hit our county yet. However, it did hit this past week. There has been two confirmed cases. I have been contacted by all of my doctors to lock down and stay at home. I have over ten illnesses and a compromised immune system. I am currently taking immune suppression therapy medications to treat my autoimmune diseases. Luckily for me we are tapering off but this is a process that will take almost a year if all goes right and there is no guarantee I will be able to quit them. I also have asthma, and scar tissue of the lungs from being preemie. So I am being extra cautious. With having healthcare workers in my family I have had to social distance from them. The hardest has been my Momma and knowing that I likely won't see her in person for another month. I am so thankful for the wonderful blessing technology is at this time. Husband can not stay home in his line of work. He will always be on the front line for his community which means exposing himself to all illnesses. He has a special mask. We have implemented a system to help protect me. He immediately removes his uniform and puts it into the washer upon coming through the door, then showers. We disinfect all surfaces regularly and as always I sanitize my dishes in the dishwasher. I also have implemented telemedicine in all my healthcare needs. I will say My largest struggle is to not be able to go to the grocery store and buy groceries and needs for my home.
 
The anxiety did hit hard one fine day last week when I realized the seriousness of my conditions combined with the Coronavirus. The poor understanding of my care and conditions in general let alone compacted by the Coronavirus. The fact I would not be able to have visitors to protect me and explain to the doctors my differences in care in the case something happened as visitors in hospitals are rarely allowed. I have PTSD from prior awful hospital stays and it is something that shakes me to my core. So I continue to pray. I pray harder. I hope for the best and for protection and then I get up and keep going forwards. Sitting down and panicking is not going to help anyone. It simply hurts you to panic. So my advice is turn off social media. Set boundaries of things that trigger you on social media and the news. I promise it will help. Seek the Lord's guidance at this time and when it seems lonely and too much to bare bring it to him. He will help you in your times of need. There is always angels around us lending helping hands.

Something that has literally been life changing for me is listening to conference talks at bedtime. I fall asleep to general conference talks and it never fails that the lord brings just the right talk at just the right time as to what I personally am needing to hear. I know Heavenly Father is hearing my prayers and that he is answering them through these talks. It is crystal clear. I suggest to you guys to listen to old talks as well for they can bring answers and much peace in a time such as this.

We are all in this together. Hang tight guys we will make it through just as many have before us. Pray for this storm to pass, pray for our temples and churches to be able to be reopened, pray for peace, pray for your personal needs, talk to Heavenly Father. Have hope and take things one day at a time. Lots of love. - Chelle

No comments: