Monday, December 9, 2019

The hair struggle is real today.

The hair struggles have been real today. But on the bright side I have a new crown because well I am a princess...

Half my hair is baby hairs that officially stick straight up. We worked hard to tame it and are off to push through another day of sick. Post ivig and a lichen flare. But I am ready to get out of these four walls. I feel ugly lately as I finally caved in last week and bought a pair of fat pants. I have lost my long hair this year and as you can see it's wild now. (But fortunate it is coming back.) I can say this year, one of my biggest trials has been feeling like Chelle. I went to sleep and woke up in a different body in every way. I did not really go to sleep... I simply do not remeber. Maybe that seems so small to you when I barely missed  my own death this year. I can say it is a true trial all f it's own to not feel like yourself. You learn to rely on the savior during this time. I keep thinking about Jesus and how he felt every pain imaginable... and I always think, "how on earth did he do all that. When my pain is so strong?" But something I know is he was not alone. He had Angels round about him and His heavenly father the whole way. And thanks to our savior Jesus Christ we have the atonement. And I never have to walk alone. Even when it feels endless, relentless and too much to bear.

So today despite my flaws and illnesses... because of him, pressing forwards with faith that I am more than my physical self. One day my clothes will fit again and my hair will grow back. Or not. But one day I will feel like me again. One day at a time -Chelle

No comments: