Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Christmas 2018

Well I've hit the post Christmas fall down.
If you're chronically ill, you know what I'm talking about. It's when you over do it for the holidays and spend the next day or days in bed. But I'm happily in bed feeling blah because I'd do it all over again to spend another Christmas with my family. We made Christmas desserts galore. I had a decent day the other day and I finally after a month put makeup on and got dressed! I actually had an outfit instead of witching sweats. Lol. It was nice to feel put together once again.
Me and Husband went Christmas light looking Christmas Eve, after our family party. It's our first married Christmas. So it was nice to spend time together looking at lights. We found a herd of elk and a cow during our drive. All in the middle of town! We made the decision to wear our matching onsies Christmas Morning. It's all in good fun.
But seriously, those things are comfortable! I only intended to wear them to breakfast and gift opening... But I wore it all day long. Yikes! I did find my makeup however later in the day. All I wanted for Christmas is for all my family to be healthy. It's been a crazy year and I truly hope we all leave it behind us in 2018. I hope and pray that 2019 is a fully healthy year! I know likely have a road ahead of me with this spinal fluid leak and issues. It's been making me nervous but I have this great peace in my heart. I haven't gotten down or depressed over this scary month. I just keep looking ahead with lots of hope. I am learning there is a chance I may have an issue in the base of my skull. More then just a CFS leak. I have Elhers-Danlos syndrome secondary to my POTS, which is a collagen disorder. This puts me at risks that I did not know of until recently. All my doctor ever told me was not to go to the chiropractor for it could cause serious damage. My life changed that day November 2017 when I went to physical therapy for strengthening my neck. Nothing happened but I left a different person. That's when I started leaking.  If that's the case we will deal. I have started wearing a soft cervical collar at night and it helps quite a bit. I figured I had nothing to loose. The second I put t on it helps and the second I take it off I feel free but I hurt more without it. I have no clue if that means a stinking thing. Being referred to the only neurosurgeon basically that can help me in the country is out of state but I look at it as... At least it's California and just a state away. Some people have to come all the way across the country. How fortune I am to be next door?  You can always look ahead with hope. Hope and Faith in God's plan and his timing is essential to getting through our trials in this life. It doesn't mean we don't fall down or hurt. It simply means we stand back up and brush it off. Because God does in fact have a plan for us all. So sure sometimes the word neurosurgeon makes my tummy hurt. But at the end of the day something is wrong and it needs fixed. My brain is seeping into my neck daily due to lack of spinal fluid. So we go on a crazy journey again. I know Heavenly Father hears me and my prayers for health for all. He knows my desire for a healthy world. Christmas is for Christ-like love. I didn't want a present that could be bought in a store. In fact I did not even care about material objects. This month I realized just how blessed we are daily. Breathing, eating, walking, talking. There is SO much we already have. And when you can't do those things, you realize just how much we take for granted and just how huge the simplest of things we have daily truly are. No boxes and bows can give us true happiness there is to experience in this life. Family, friends, and loved ones being happy, healthy, and safe. That's what matters. And that's what I want to focus on this new year. I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! -Chelle 

No comments: