Monday, April 9, 2018

Life is Busy

Life is busy. Life is messy. Therefore I wear a messy bun like a crown upon my head....  I have so much going on my head spins. As I prepare for life, finish my finals (while ill), & prepare for two surgeries in two days next week. (GJ tube replacement Thursday & Endometriosis excision Friday.) I type tiny clicks of a keyboard.  All the while I list my long medication list, allergies, medical equipment, and medical conditions. (I best get some brownie points for these well organized and detailed lists.) I counted today that I have 15 medical conditions!!! FIFTEEN! The next time a doctor pills shames me, that's going to be the new response, "FIGHTING FIFTEEN." If you ever get pill shamed by a medical professional who doesn't know your case or anything about you or your conditions... Stand up for yourself. You are your best advocate, and a lot of times Hospitalists just don't have the knowledge. So, speak up because you may teach them a few things, for the next patient. I always make them go over my medication list with me. Then as we go over it I ask what that professional would remove. (They always end up to their own suprise stumped and have nothing to remove.). That's when I get to educate. Pill shaming does no good for any person who is chronically ill. I take as little as possible and I'm on too much I agree! But I don't have a magical cure and life gives us trials. Sometimes when cures don't exist you have to do what you have to do in life. Like it or not. I mean do they think I enjoy keeping track of all of these things! Answer: "Nope!" . I have 15 medical conditions! Now that is CRAZY!!! Harsh realities but comfort knowing God always gives us what we can handle. -Chelle 

No comments: