Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Bye J

Bye J! Thanks for a you have done for me... You fed me, gave me nutrition, & literally saved my life for years. When my stomach paralyzed enough to not even handle a sip of water. It was You who fed me through my intestine. You did the work of my stomach. For that I am forever thankful. Bye bittersweet friend. We had tough times when you coiled multiple times & hospitalized me. When you had to be replaced every few months under full sedation. Minus that one time they tortured me with twilight sedation that did not work on me. You're a good friend. My quality of life bettered thanks to you. Life You sustained me for years. For now we say goodbye because I am so blessed to regain my ability to eat by mouth. I pray this works out and I can continue to be stronger. That I can eat by mouth all the time.  Plus stay out of the operating room. And that the G tube covers your job now of nutritional backup. Gastroparesis I'm here to kick your butt! I'm so blessed to regain ability to eat. Heavenly Father has healed me and continues to. He has Me on a path and I have faith in him. Though I would not be cured, My quality of life would greatly improve. God told me that and it's been true. Today I put My Big Girl Panties on  & I literally Pulled out my own GJ tube all on my own. The whole two feet of it! (Yes, I am rather proud) I also replaced my own Gastric feeding tube by myself. Today I graduated upwards as a Tubie! That old GJ tube was coiled and last night had me doubling over in pain. I suspected the tube was coiled for a while now but it wasn't giving me issues until a few days ago. I was full very quick. (Like two bites) and I was having severe sharp stomach pain. My j tube had come back up into the stomach and coiled in a loop. This in turn made the tube press against the top of my stomach where the stomach and esophagus meet. There is a main valve there. It started actually injuring me and it gave me sores. But I have thought on it. That coiled tube was a blessing. We knew I would most likely be changing my own tube for the first time. (You see j tubes have to be guided under radiology for placement down into the jejunum. Gastric tubes stop at the stomach.) So I was going to have to pull the J portion out of my small intestines. But because of the coiled tube it was just in my stomach and could easily come out. I have had automatic releif of the sharp pain in my stomach I've had for days now. I truly feel it was a blessing. It's just one tube now! Here is to new beggings! "And I am Not My Body"- Stephanie neilson 
G tube life here we go! Would You call this The secret life of the American Tubie? Gastroparesis Warrior mode on ✔️   Love -Chelle 

No comments: