Thursday, March 23, 2017

Gastroparesis choices?

Though its snowy and rainy today the past few weeks have been gorgeous! And this girl has been tolerating the heat! )you guys I couldn't even walk from the car into a building without getting heatstroke the past two years due to Dysautonomia! (Praying it lasts and I can enjoy the sunshine again like I used to) here are some of my good days away week 💕 I am so appreciative MY good days! The days I never thought I'd see again in this lifetime!! I am so blessed beyond measure... 
&
& This silly Dog and I 
 
Gastroparesis is having a kitchen full of food, feeling starving, & having no appetite at all... All at the same time. I started this hungry thing last night but nothing suffices. So I keep sipping Orgain. I had breakfast but I don't think it's absorbing fast enough. It seems to just be sitting in my stomach. It's always such a strange thing when you are starving but your body doesn't really want anything. Yet it wants food because it's telling you it's hungry. And then you realize your in the middle of a bodily fight.  Either way I loose. If I eat too much and give into the hunger, I will get pretty sick. If I totally ignore it and give into the lack of appetite I loose nutrition... That I clearly need. Hey body? don't you see my efforts today? Nope? These are the days a feeding Tubie isn't so bad... I can have formula and makeup the difference. With what is going on I am going to be talking to my GI. I want to have a Gastric mic-key button on hand. April is 6months of having my current tube. (G&J) At 6months my last tube literally broke and fell out. I had to drop everything and be taken 5hours away to a hospital equipped for me. I was hospitalized because I could not take any meds or eat by mouth then... I also took the whole summer to regain feeds and I got very weak. So the time has come for decisions. I've been thinking on this for a very long time & I think I have made it. Going to see if we can go from a GJ to just a G tube since I still use formula daily into my belly. I keep pushing forwards. I will get there. I've already made major strides. You guys it is truly miracles. I credit Heavenly Father. He told me he would make me better and He sure has stuck by that! He did too say I would not be cured & I am not. But what I am is very grateful!! Just what 7 months ago... I was drinking though my heart via IV fluids/Port daily. My J feeds were so low... And now I eat food by mouth and use a can of formula to supplement (but it goes into my belly) that's so huge! The formula is full nutrition that I struggle to get like veggies and fruits. I can't digest them. So I have to supplement those nutrients. We are moving towards just Orgain as its a replacement. But I am still formula weening.  I think the best option is to move to the G tube because it gets used. The j hardly gets used and I think it's time to take the training wheels off... Plus if I have a G tube on hand I can replace it on my own. J tubes have to be done under surgery as they go into the small intestine. So if this GJ I currently have breaks (the g tube would be a great backup plan that shouldn't push me backwards at all) and the G tube leaves me with a tube and keeps my stoma open if I need to return to a GJ in the future.(stomas close within hours) I think some time with a G tube is a good solid plan. I put the calls into my GI and we will see if He agrees. That was a big deal for me to make that call today. A very big move. Moving forward in faith not fear! I have some anxieties. I also scheduled to see another hand surgeon today (fingers crossed this one is the one. Surgery is so tiny My health conditions not so tiny) I'm excited to keep moving forwards. Prayers, faith, hope, & spunk will get you through -Chelle 

No comments: