Saturday, May 27, 2017

Hiding From My Cheeks Update

This is my last surgery update I shall be good after this! However I am going to try harder to post more posts in the future of things besides health related... My mind has been full of thoughts lately as realities have hit of how far this year has come for me. The blessings I have received!
Surgery is rough dudes! Not as happy this day. I think this has been harder on me then my Endometriosis surgery. Pain has been very difficult to control. In fact just barely got it back under control. (It's just not holding) That's been a major fight this surgery for me. Chipmunk Cheeks have only grown larger Haha. The ice has not come off this face since surgery. There has been a lot of sleeping for short periods but the second it hits 3hours my pain is out of control again. I'm hoping tomorrow gets easier. Tummy is of course growing angered with very high doses of pain meds and ibuprofen based pain meds too. Kidneys are not thrilled with Ibuprofen (they never like it) having a feeding tube has been nice to get good nutrients for good healing. But I won't. I can't stop eating my ice cream and things like that. Eventhough I can not chew or hardly get anything in my mouth๐Ÿ˜‚ (I am being over protective of my eating skills. I have worked so hard to attain this year. If you don't use it you loose it. I will not let my stomach have a chance in any way to shut down!) the lady in the cafeteria crossed me twice yesterday. It did not work out for her so well, my nurse had to straighten her out a few times. My feeding tube has been leaking a bit I believe. Meaning it's broken I think. It's been in over two times longer then it should be.... We called GI to keep up the fight to get my G tubes. (they wrote the prescription wrong. Didn't put the tube size down. It's been 6 weeks of trying to get them to fix it... It consists of signing a faxed form home health pharmacy has sent multiple times.) prayers my tube does not bust! Literally. I need that thing! Hoping for more rest. Sleeping is the best but my body has been resistant as always. I don't even have to set an alarm clock my body is up and in pain before the next dose is due. Even when I sleep deep. I don't do things like regular bodies. Just need pain to stay in control. It runs rapidly before the meds do. So things up I'm simply recovering. Lots of love always! (I pray my cheeks never look like this again! This picture cracks me up literally you have to have a sense of humor in life!) ooh they got new heart monitors here and POTSies You will dig them! They are portable and tiny. You are not attached to the wall or any machine it's pocket sized and it also does not beep to you in your room it shows at the nurses station and beeps at them. It's like the best invention ever! Similar to a heart halter monitor....
Thanks to all who have been so supportive and kind to me. It never goes unnoticed! Love-Chelle with the Chipmunk Cheeks ๐Ÿ™ˆ (we have not taken ice off these cheeks. In hopes the swelling starts going down soon!) hiding under ice packs lol 

No comments: