Thursday, July 6, 2017

July 4th. Moving on.

I hope everyone had a blessed, safe, and happy Fourth of July Week! I enjoyed the usual traditions and had my first "Eating" Fourth in years. (That was nice) no IVS as well!! So happy about those big things this year! I enjoyed my Holiday with family and friends and it was in fact great. We are blessed to live in a country founded and built on God. God Bless America πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ -Chelle (P.S. Last weekend I ate steak and potatoes au gratin My Fav!
and yes I was in fact in Heaven! Have to share my happy exciting moments. Because eating steak is a big deal for Me! I had to bring it home I can't eat a whole meal in one siting I have to break up my meals and eat every few hours ideally. For Gastoparesis and POTS believe it or not eating too fast will cause the blood to pool into the GI tract and make us pass out and/or symptomatic. I get bad tachycardia. So I ate it twice in one night and at ten o'clock at night I ate steak and potatoes in bed. It was in that moment I realized just how right I was raised) πŸ˜‰ I have a true feeling this next year is going to be another year of building my strength and health. Moving forwards more one day at a time. The battle is not over. So that I will be doing, patiently as possible. I can say for now some days are better then others. I embrace them. I am still learning how to eat again. That part I am starting to get down... The cooking for myself part is a struggle. Is hard to cook when you eat so little. But it's something I simply have to keep working on. It's weird to realize, I have relearned to eat this year. Now I'm relearning how to balance proper nutrition too. So some days are easier and some I survive... But one thing is certain, I have a plan and I will get there. Something crazy I did this past week was I got out of all support groups. After weeks of praying it was clear. I was nervous because those groups helped me the most in the beginning. But the same people aren't there anymore and they have turned into stressful groups with no support. It a whole different world then three years ago and I believe in being kind. Though part of me felt guilty that I would miss helping another...as I was once helped...  I was very conflicted. I realized I had to put the oxygen mask on myself first. You have to detoxify your life. I have to say it was freeing. Don't let the negativity of the world drag you down. Just find the light in your life. And my few friends that are sick like me that have stuck around are still with me, we have our special bonds. We help each other out as we can and that's all I need. I would help anyone at any time. (Please, Never be afraid to hit that email button. My favorite thing to do is help others navigate the confusion of being chronic or just offering my support.) Upon that leave group clicking. I found myself outside looking up at the pretty stars and moon. I knew in that moment  light is beauty in the world. That My Heavenly Father was directing me. I was doing the right thing. If you don't know I love stars. There is something about light (or to me glitter) in darkness. That's what I strive for to find the light in times of darkness. And when I do, I know I have, because Heavenly Father always sends me a sign... If I'm willing to look... I will be choose to be different in a world that is weak -Chelle "I hope you know You're capable & Brave & significant. even when it feels like you're not."

No comments: