Thursday, June 29, 2017

Hello Summertime

Some days you own the fact that you have chronic health issues 💪
Today I had my first Coke in years* (totally not okay to have caffeine with POTS... Hello tachycardia.) but it's Summer and I thought, "You only live once." It's a little thing but it's a big thing... Happiness My friends! So we sipped and rotted our teeth away lol Nope, My name is not Crystal... It could be Pearl though as I picked "Cherry Coke". Which is an old favorite... Hmm maybe that's a genetic  thing? But this Cherry Coke is My one time a Year adventure! 
I also took a simple luxury and bought sunglasses and some makeup. I made myself use up some of my 'ten year supply' of makeup and I haven't bought any makeup minus, foundation and mascara since last fall! (Yes I am proud of myself... That's hard to do for a Makeup Geek.) I am a proud makeup hoarder (as You probably already knew.) However, it was time to clean out the drawers of makeup and use some of it. (Mostly so I could make room for more right 😉😉) Maybe I'll find a new look since I've been on the same three smokey eyes for a year now. A little inspiration. I mean I used to have a new look every week... Haha. I have reserved my makeup skills due to tremors in my hands and weaknesses. What was therapeutic became frusterating. In what felt like overnight. Unsteady hands do make makeup applying harder. But as I have with everything else in life... I won't let disease take that away from Me... I won't let some slight wobbles of eyeliner get in the way of life! (Isn't that what q-tips And "fixing it"is for 😉)  I simply just enjoyed My day today and I felt like Chelle again 🙌 (not the old Me... As in before sick... I don't need to be her. Just the regular Me I have become.) Today however, not some incredibly tired aching zombie person I've been for a week. I also woke up at 9am this morning!! That's a victory to my broken sleep schedule! Overall, I had a great day. I wore sunglasses in my house 😂 I loved on My doggie... I was a goofball. I was happy.
I trialed some treatments that have worked in the past and I hope it snaps me back to the good side of life. Already my joints are feeling better and my lungs are clear from this nasty smoke!. "Just get through July", I tell myself daily... ( I would like to add this year is full of improvements. Even not feeling good. I have improved.) But just two weeks ago I was being snowballed with signs from Heavenly Father that I am moving forwards. And I am moving forwards! That means new trials to turn to triumphs. Sure, new things to conquer ahead... I have got to retrain and restrengthen this weakened body. Which was overwhelming to realize... But then I realized.... "I have the ability to regain physical strength. I probably won't fully regain it honestly. But I can become stronger again... What am I upset about? This is pure hope sitting in my lap!" New tasks to be completed. This World is not holding Me back. I have faith in what I know... And that My friends, is super exciting. That gives me hope. Just keep moving! (Literally) Look for the sparkle in everyday. Find joy in simplicity, for simplicity is where true happiness lies. One day at a time -Chelle 

No comments: