Monday, January 8, 2018

I Don't Know.

I hope everyone was able to enjoy their holidays! Now that the Holiday season is over I thought I'd update again.
My Blood Pressure was stable for weeks. But my health never bounced back really. I think I had 2 good days in two months time. Last Sunday it decided to go back up to the stroke zone again. I found out due to the massive migraine that accompanied it. (It made me check my Blood pressure) This round the blood pressure seems to be triggering the migraines. Since I had restarted the Fludrocortizone again with doctors okay... I automatically stopped it. Since then my blood volume is non existent (if you ask me) I'm pre syncope basically all the time. I walk like I'm drunk. So if you see me wobbling around, don't worry 😉 I just have no blood in my brain. It's actually totally safe as long as O don't hit my head passing out! Another reason my Neurologist is thinking it is not the Fludrocortizone. I'm not retaining fluid. So we will stop it for now anyways to be safe. It #FunFact Another option is, it could be from Estrogen treatments being stopped for treating my Endometrosis. But again that's not a concrete possibility... That's just me and neurology guessing (because that's the only thing that has changed in treatment.) I am back on medication to lower the blood pressure. But it is giving me such severe side effects we will now be switching to a different blood pressure/beta blocker. Because I have a high heart rate right now. (Heart rate has been in control for years with my current beta blocker, propanolol. Prior to that my bpm was an astounding 250. Going off a beta blocker is not really an option.) with Beta blocker to lower heart rate, it's still very elevated right now. I have now been sent to cardiology for further evaluation. We all know it likely will not be a picknic and we likely won't come up with answers. But we have to start looking for what is wrong now or if I am having a issue or another cause outside of POTS. I do have a history of the lining of my heart being inflamed. This was temporary and resolved itself a few years back. Typically lupus patients have this happen. It could be related to the Sjögren's syndrome I have. Last week I refused to call doctors because, I was sure it was medicational. I wanted to just wanted give my body time to get off the Fludrocortizone and readjust. It did not readjust. Neurologists told me at 8 days I am rid of the medication and prior I was off of the Fludrocortizone for like a month and back then the blood pressure remained elevated. The old blood pressure medication made me depressed as a side effect. Not a very fun side effect. I think when it's the holiday season anyways and you're sick naturally you get down. So even though it wasn't the best idea, we went for a walk to the lake and got some fresh air and sunshine.
Because sometimes you just need to do what's good for your soul. And it was good for my soul for sure.  Life will be tough. Times will come when we do not want to do what we have to do. We will wonder "why me". We will inevitably miss our pre sick lifestyles. But take my advice and don't unpack and live there! We don't always know what's ahead. Trust in the Lord, he will always lead you home- Chelle                                                 P.S. If you could keep my very sweet friend's family in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated! Three of their 6 immediate family members have cancer (two children) and they need our prayers at this time! We know the power of prayers! Thx!  

No comments: