Monday, January 15, 2018

Water Victory

After over a week of eating very little food (or none some days) drinking 500ml in three days total (the past three days)... I just finished a WHOLE bottle of water!!! It may be a sleepless 2A.M. But I drank in a few hours time what I have been trying to drink for days! 🙏 Seriously, it is the little victories in life. I'm clearly not in the clear I need more fluid and I need food. I would have chosen to be admitted to the hospital days ago but I am SO afraid of hospital Flu germs right now. So I chose to be tough. (It's been hard to know what to do. You never know what the right decision is completely.) I know GI wanted to hopefully ease the flare and keep me safe nutritionally... But with the flu, it's a risk of so many factors for me. The flu with horrific nutrition? The thought of the flu with Dysautonomia alone is horrific enough! But the truth is you can only ride out a Gastroparesis flare. There are no real treatments, there are no cures, there is nutritional intervention but that's not actual treatment for Gastroparesis... It's just a life line to stay alive nutritionally. One I have been grateful for in my life. However I have been nervous wondering if a feeding tube is in my near future. Again. But Today I had no brain function it felt, I was limp and I got frightened. My body is malnourished. I feel it. I remember malnutrition. It is crazy what a week can do to a person. One day things are okay and the next you can't eat anything. That's my reality of Gastroparesis and Dysautonomia. Just feeling very blessed right now for my bottle of water. I will take any blessings and I will be grateful for them all. No matter how seemingly small it may be. I don't know what the next week will bring but I know whatever it brings the Lord will guide me through it. I will rest in him always. I am hopeful this is a sign of better gastric motility? I pray this ugly flare ends soon. So I can eat again and feel safe.Time will always tell all. -Chelle #starvingforacure 

No comments: