Saturday, January 27, 2018

Today.

Last week I tried IV therapy in hopes I could stay hydrated. But it didn't do the trick. My Gastroparesis worsened. 
GI sent me to the hospital where I stayed for a few days. I then opted to come home due to hospitalists overriding my GI's orders. These doctors did not believe I was in fact sick. Leading to poor treatment on my end. GI felt it was a flare up and we hoped to just bounce back. We came home with GI blessing. I did not receive proper care during this time due to poor judgement calls. We bumped me up to liquids. GI was not happy the hospital doctors treated me so poorly and blocked his orders. 

Today is hard. I have not improved since leaving the hospital last week. I have declined. I am starving again. My blood sugars are dipping and it is all I can do to keep them up. If I try any sort of nutritional supplement drinks, I get sick. I am scraping by on peanut butter and Grahm crackers, and juice. I am fighting hard. Gastroparesis has consumed my life. I just finished IVIG. I was hopeful it would flip me back to eating well. My HomeHealth nurse just let me know I have a fever all day today. (So we will be monitoring that.) I am weakened. Everything is heavy and hurts. It's all I can do to keep my eyes open yet I can't sleep. I am running IV fluids and for now I feel it is best to contact GI Monday morning. I think I need a feeding tube put back in. That was spoken of in the hospital but I faught so hard even my GI is struggling. We were trying to jump start this paralyzed stomach. Treating it as a flare. But how long do you wait? I don't look at this as the end of the world. I don't look at this as permanent. I simply know my body needs fuel to function and fight. If it takes tube feeds to do this, I will go back and start again. I still need to talk with GI but from today's point of view three going on 4 weeks of bites, is not okay. It is affecting all my health issues, as I get weaker. I don't know what the future holds. But I do know God keeps his promises. He never said I would be cured. He told me I would function again. And that's where I will rest, in Heavenly Father's promises. High times come, hard times come, but they all come for a reason. -Chelle 

No comments: