Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Pain is Pain

I've been thinking the past while... Pain is pain. In ANY form. No matter how you break it down. It doesn't matter what type of pain a person has, nor what causes it. In any case it's excruciating. It's tiresome and it will wear you down... Sometimes until you break. Pain is unfair, unfortunate, and unkind. It doesn't always go away like we'd hope (sometimes it will) and it doesn't matter who or what you are... it can afflict anyone. It doesn't matter if it's temporary or permanent.
     I strongly feel pain is a crucial part of life though. We all go through pain in our lives, one way or another. Mental or physical. It has the ability to teach us lessons. For instance in my case (and any other) I want nothing more than to be rid of my pain. But my pain has pushed limits and boundaries I never would have without it. Pain can strengthen us if we allow it. It is another way to be molded I suppose. Think about workouts they hurt... growing muscles (strength) is painful.  With the situation I've been dealt, my pain must be a stairmaster and a million pound dumb bell. I think every one feels like that sometimes struggling with a chronic illness. Don't get me wrong though when it comes to being the pain recipient I come dragging my feet. No matter what disease, condition, or syndrome... they all are struggles. Keep fighting. You're worth the fight. Even if no end is in sight. Looks can be deceiving. Just a thought-Chelle

No comments: