Monday, July 13, 2015

Double Tubie Shot

I know I haven't posted a double Tubie photo yet. showing both my g j tube and port accessed. I don't post these pictures for immodestly because modesty is important but to raise awareness about what I deal with on a daily basis. (And others who are tube reliant) My struggles with my conditions! I think it needs to be an open road for patients not to be judged by our tubes. These tubes in me, keep me alive! I wouldn't be here with out them! They make me safe and give my body the fuel it needs. I am proud of these tubes they are a badge of courage. Sure sometimes I miss the old non tube version of me when I ate regular and people didn't stare or act funny around me or turn their heads in discust simply from not having a true understanding of a feeding tube. But humans are humans and it's ok if you don't understand. You probably have not dealt with a tube. But I promise they aren't as scary as they seem or look. Stay beautiful and strong ! Xo-chelle 

No comments: