Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thanksgiving Eve

Well I finally put some makeup on and did my hair... Who is this girl with the hair  did and the makeup done? (It's a thanksgiving eve miracle.) 
Still having migraines. The only thing that helps is Caffeine... At this point any sort of break is worth it. I feel like I've been gone and wow three weeks have passed!? How is it the END of November already? It is a strange feeling. The past few weeks are a blur to me. I am definitely feeling impatient. I just want my life back. And I keep thinking "how did this happen? I was fine and then I came home from physical therapy a totally different person." I've been stuck not just in bed but I've had to literally be babysat. Sunday night I actually started getting worse. My joints are literally locking up and I have to hobble around. (Or have help) My muscles keep spasming up as week. Like severe full body spasms. having severe mast cell issues that are common in POTS patients. I think I am having a lot of auto immune issues... (That's my personal opinion is my body is enjoying attacking  itself. I don't know what's up with the non-stop month long migraine. And patients like me don't typically get answers to these crappy situations. It is not POTS but it is bringing my POTS all over the map.)  I have IVIG the day after Thanksgiving and the day after that. (Two day infusion) we are really praying it helps. Here is a link on Dysautonomia and patients that fit IVIG criteria, like me.https://vimeo.com/243160944 neurologist has lots of hopes for me and this IVIG...  My body seems to just be angry all over the place. I am coming off the steroids.(they didn't work for the migraine but they did really make me eat. I tell you forget motility medications with gastroparesis and try Decadron. Lol never have I eaten so much in my life. My little tummy is angry but the steroids made my brain not care. It was insane truly!)  But I will have to go back on them for a few days during the IVIG infusions. I feel like today has been the best day I've had in a while... so far but I honestly don't want to get my hopes up. One day at a time for sure. Story time: Before I saw my neurologist last week . I said a prayer in the car. I was very defeated and afraid. I got into the office and sat down. I immediately heard the song "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. I knew it was the answer to my prayers. I know God keeps his promises and I know I can get well again. I just have to climb another mountain. There must be more to learn. My Mom got me a bracelet that says "believe" with an angel wing and a Pearl.. She says it has granddad and grandma's love. (I was so drugged in the hospital and upset that when she put it on me, I decided she had handcuffed me 😂 which is hilarious. And I didn't even say anything about that to her... I just thought it apparently. I have no clue why I ever have thought that! I just remembered it hahah.) but back to my story... When I was sitting in the neurology waiting room the song played and I knew God was talking straight to me. And for some reason all I could do was stare at this bracelet. It was a bitter sweet moment I will never forget. Sometimes when we are the most defeated and heartbroken we are capable of learning and listening the most to God. And I know I had angels around me in that moment. I am so thankful for my family and friends in my life and I am so blessed. I am facing a big challenge but just know it will all work out. I an impatient and I just want to be normal again. Even my partial normal I miss... I can easily say I miss standing the most. What a blessing it is to be able to easily stand up without nearly passing out or feeling like you are running a marathon. Just remember we are SO much more then our bodies. We all have a lot to offer this world. Just keep trying too. Don't ever quit on yourself because we don't know what is just around the corner! God told me I'd be better not cured. He told me I'd function again. So I will. He also recently told me the next few months were going to be super challenging but to hang in there and it would be okay again. So it will. It's that simple. Happy Thanksgiving -Chelle 

No comments: