Tuesday, July 24, 2018

We are OVER!

Me and my sign had a bit of a fall out the other day. If you have been around you know this sign has significant meaning in my life, spiritually. The quote is from a general conference talk. (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_JVIBKbbRs) A conference talk that answered my prayers years ago in the depths of sickness disparity. When life got too hard to handle, this sign lifted me up. The other day, after the worst worry of my life had consumed me. I was in bed worried sick. This sign sits in my dresser and these days I've spent a lot of time staring at it from my bed, with being ill. The emotions had built up and this sign was mocking me. I tell you this sign was in front of my face mocking me and I was not going to have it any more. I dispised this thing. So, in my moment of pain and anger... I took the sign and said, "we are through. You and me we are over!" And I took him and I walked outside straight to the garbage bins and I threw him away. This sign no longer represented my current circumstances. This time I could not "come what may and love it." It was too much to bear. For the first time ever, I was truly thoroughly defeated by my body. The sick was too much. It felt good to throw out the sign. I taugh it! Don't mess with me and do NOT tell me what to do! I stormed back into the house thinking I had fixed the problem.                                             Well, I calmed down, came back to my senses, and realized I had made a mistake. This sign is not mocking me, and it's not bringing me bad luck. It is definetly not telling me what to do. Ha. It is God's way of telling me it will all be okay. Just like I learned years ago, "come what may and love it." I don't always know what's ahead of me. I am walking blindly into a storm. It may be a burden so large, I may feel weak, but Heavenly Father is there to help me carry the load. I missed my sign before the end of the day. I ended up half way in the garbage bin to retrieve my old friend. Cleaned him back up and put him back home. It's okay to hurt but don't unpack and live there. Cry it out and resoften your heart and, let Heavenly Father lift you and your heavy burdens up. Even if it's a twig of faith, use it. Heavenly Father has been helping ease my mental pain since. It comes in waves but I'm not drowning because, my lifeguard walks on water. -Chelle 

No comments: