Sunday, September 17, 2017

Finishing IVIG Starter dose? Or Not?

I spoke with neurology and He decided A. They pharmacy messed up my orders and did not predose Benedryl or Tylenol for side effects. B. The pharmacy messed up my orders and did not run IV fluids prior* to IVIG dose. (They dispensed it "as needed"). Those are biggies. C. My migraine medication did not work when used. That's never happened. So I need a big steroid during infusions to mask those more. D. The dose was too much at one time for my body. 90mg in three days. I did not tolerate that rate. E. Luckily my Nurse ran my IVIG doses over a 5 hour period or it could have been catastrophic. My Neurologist was upset his orders were not followed properly. It sent me into a tail spin. I started feeling better daily but Friday I finally felt human and then that night I had to predose steroid for the end of the week. We splint the final dose in half and ran it half yesterday, half today with the right instructions this time for hopefully avoiding these regular bit harsh side effects for me. It's going to take patience and time to line these out. It's a ginuea pig approach of finding what works for your body. I did well yesterday. I did get body aches, hot flashes, and a migraine about 6 hours post infusing. I am in a GP flare up but I can't blame the IVIG that could just be my body... But not severe and I chugged a water bottle and went to sleep. Fluids I can tell make a big difference while having IVIG. I drank way more then twice my daily limit... But it's one or two days a month we think we can handle it. Hopefully today goes well and after infusions go well! Prayers! I missed church the past two weeks now for infusions since my nurse comes out of town four hours each way. And I have to have this nurse with me the whole time I infuse IVIG. In the future it seems like the plan should be on Fridays and praying we can get that dose smashed into ONE days time. I thought I'd post an update before I forget. I want this IVIG to be a little mapped out for other POTS patients looking into using this newer treatment avenue. (IVIG has been around for 30ish years and is not new. But using in POTS with specifically patients with Sjögren's syndrome dx. Or autoimmunity is new.) love to all! 💕happy sabbath!  xo-Chelle 

No comments: