Wednesday, September 27, 2017

HANGRY GP update

So I decided to do a Gastroparesis science experiment of sorts on myself today.... Since my stomach wasn't digesting food properly. Making me starve as a result. (You see you absorb in the small intestine, not the stomach.) so when the stomach is paralyzed and holding your food hostage... You're not getting food. (Womp womp) So I did a test. This morning I had liquid nutrition. (Full liquid diet.) My meal replacements drinks are brand Orgain. Easy to break down, equals faster digestion/absorption. My starvation went away completely. Glory glory hallelujah! For dinner I ate real food... And I did not get full at all... Just a big belly ache. So I have to change my diet to easy to break down foods. Gastric paralyzation is so annoying! Even when you can eat you end up on liquid diets because you can not digest and absorb nutrients out of food. That's just the way it is. But I take a deep breath and remember that at least I am eating by mouth. That's a major blessing and I don't forget it. So if you are starving from GP... Go to full liquids when you are Hangry and eating with no releif. Sincerely your favorite science project -Chelle 

No comments: