Friday, September 1, 2017

Because I have been given much, Texas.

Today I got my Feeding tube removed! I am SO blessed and at the very same appointment I met up with some of the kindest people alive to give them my extra feeding supplies to take to Texas. Which a truly blessed day, I will never forget! 
"Because I have been given much, I choose to give some more." Do what You can with what you have. Love everyone always. Count Your blessings daily. Remember who you are. And help when you can. The Lord is by our sides  working with us all together. Today's realization of tube fed individuals going hungry with no way to eat and no formula to eat shattered my heart. My biggest fear is to not have medical necessities. When I was fully tube fed I had ONE formula I could tolerate. And let me explain the home health pharmacies are down, the hospitals are down, (and hospitals aren't well equipped anyways. Most tubies bring their own supplies.), when I was on full tube feeding even f I fasted for a surgery (overnight) my blood sugar crashed critical. So dangerous. And my potassium tanked too. This is a window of some Tubie issues. They can't just eat anything. Can't go to the stores and bring them food. You can't hand them a gronola bar... And if you find something to give them you must have the supplies to use a feeding tube. If they were able to manage to hang onto their supplies, what conditions are they in where they are staying. So many risks and complications for them to face. Unfortunately, this week this has been the reality for many tube fed people. So other tubies are coming together and giving out extra stashes of supplies to them. Tubies have tubies backs always. If you want to help visit: http://www.theparkerleeproject.org/
#tubielove. #prayersfortexas my heart and prayers are with you all -Chelle 

No comments: