Thursday, September 21, 2017

IVIG/updates for the week.

I finished out the loading dose of IVIG. The whole whopping 90g. (That's a lot for a little girl.) It went well. I  did have side effects but I could deal with them. Mostly headache/migraine and flu like symptoms. My Small Fiber  Neuropathy is worse. I do not know if that's related or not.  Now to work out the strong steroid out of my little system. We will see in about a 4-6 month time frame what this is doing for me or if it works. I found out Tuesday I get to go get some ring splints and wrists splints made. That is for the Elhers Danlos Syndrome. I am hyper extending my joints in my hand, fingers, and wrists. So we are mobilizing them at night... to prevent further damage and preserve what we can. Hopefully it will shorten some of the hyper-extension too over time. I asked if it could be the reason behind my horrific hand writing decline and he did think it could be... Since their isn't stabilization. So I am a little curious to see if the splints help my writing. Plus writing is painful. I don't have my hopes up that splinting will fix it. It is odd but hand writing is important to me and it's been a struggle years. He said surgery was an option for hyper extension of the tendons. (But I am not ready for that. Uh no thanks. He thinks down the road it may have to happen one day but he agreed for now I am okay.) I have had a rough week overall. I think I have some secondary infections from the strong steroids. I have had a lot of headaches. (By part of me knows it's allergy season and that can cause some of these things.) my nose bleeds every night at bedtime now. It's the darnest thing! I also just started a GP flare up again. I have got to quit thinking "it will be okay" with food. Nope. It's not okay! Sometimes I feel invincible when it comes to eating and it is a learning curve of "just don't." Once in a while I tell myself, "I won't  get sick if I have a little." We are now on a full liquid diet now. The what I call, "gingerale powerade slush diet". Lesson learned GP. Lesson learned.
-Chelle 

No comments: