Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Presidential Actions? 9-27-16

I think I will write about the hot topic of this very fall day...I have something to say. I have never in my life seen so many thoughtless, childish  tactics (specifically on social media, coming from adults) over a presidential debate. It shocks me to see so many nasty posts over and over again. Now I realize we all have our own opinions. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion. (This is my first and only post over the presidential race.) I simply am pointing out our actions. Why be nasty over social media? Why tear down one another? Does it really solve anything? Does is really change anyone else's opinions? Besides probably what they think of You... Or is it simply just sinking too low? What kind of world are we living in where our actions, even bad don't have any consequences? Have we lost all morale visibility as a country? Our country is diverse. We all are going to have differences of opinions. But since when does everyone HAVE to agree on everything? And if they don't agree, they are either offending someone or stupid? We are all entitled to our own opinions. You might remember the phrase, "common curtesy." One phrase I knew while growing up. It meant being kind to everyone. No matter what, holding respect for another wether we agreed or not. Now days that word keeps coming up in my life as a question, instead. Simply phrased as, "where is the common curtesy to one person to another these days?" In day to day life... I know our presidential election coming up is very important to our country for various reasons. But the second we loose respect for another individual and choose to make fun, ridicule, and attempt to tarnish. We in fact are not sending the message of Christ like love. What are our actions saying? Are they showing a trend we would want our kids, our future kids, or the youth now to see in us? Would Heavenly Father approve of these actions? Are we even thinking in the moment? Are we setting an example?  Or did we too fall into the vortexes of the evils of our world? Did we fall to where we don't recognize that right is still a right and wrong is still a wrong. Everyone can have their own opinions on things. That's perfectly fine. We can express our opinions openly. (And we should) But what is not fine is disrespecting others. Or choosing a wrong action while striving to make another agree with you. I think Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson said it right this weekend during General Women's Meeting. Quote, " Certainly Sisters we need to use sensitivity but let's also use our common sense, and our understanding of the plan of Salvation to be bold and straight forward when it comes to teaching our children and youth thee essential gospel principals they must have to navigate the world in which they live. If we don't teach our children and youth the true doctrine and teach it clearly, the world will teach them Satan's lies." I think we all need to take a moment to think of our actions. Especially during a political race. I think we all tend to forget that actions speak louder than words. Another thing I think we the adults are forgetting is that copying others simply because your friends are doing it too... Does not make it a righteous action. I think what our country needs the most is more love. Less hatred. Keeping of respect for not only ourselves but for others. (Even when we don't agree. It is okay to disagree, respectfully.) I think we can all post or voice our personal opinions with keeping love in our hearts. And the old phrase, "If you don't have something nice to say about someone don't say it at all."  Let's not forget who and what We are. Because I know each and everyone of us are too precious to loose who we are supposed to become. Just a thought for the day. Love always-Chelle                                                  The quote I was referring to above. This link is down below.. If you want to view it... https://www.lds.org/general-conference?cid=HP_SA_24-9-2016_dPFD_fLHNA_xLIDyL1-C_&lang=eng

No comments: