Sunday, March 1, 2015

March is Endometriosis Awareness Month

Today Embarks another month of awareness for me. This month, Endometriosis. Endometriosis is where the lining of the uterus grow outside the uterus in the abdomen. This causes massive pain believe me... I've been there. I have been diagnosed with Endometriosis since age fifteen.  My only treatment option is surgical excision to remove the adhesions. This sucks! That means countless surgeries in the future. Surgery is the best option truly. And I am not alone 1 in 3 women in American have Endometriosis. 1 in 10 in the world. There is no cure.  The pain it causes is a catastrophic event. I have missed several school days. Events. Days. Life due to the pain. Before my last surgery with wonderful Dr. Nita Desai. I spent a month curled up on the floor in pain. I was having severe pelvic floor spasms. Which led to a trauma categorizing diagnosis and 2 1/2 yrs of physical therapy. I had dealt with agonizing symptoms for years when I found Dr. Desai. I highly recommend them at st. Joseph's hospital. they specialize in pelvic pain. https://www.dignityhealth.org/stjosephs/services/womens-health/pelvic-pain-and-gynecologic-surgery/meet-the-team/nita-desai Endometriosis is life changing and a leading cause of infertility. There is no cure and too many women are suffering. Time to break the silence.

No comments: