Friday, April 3, 2015

Boxing Match.

Tonight we are trying something new.... Ivy is going to sit at the end of my bed! Hoping for easier access to move around.
On a total unrelated other note....
Just 24 hours ago I was feeling down about myself and really beating myself up mentally.... over things I had no control over. Like my body a.k.a. my health, my daily energy, I couldn't eat, I am not pretty enough,I am a freak of nature... things that, that make you really feel like you don't add up. It's toxic I do it to myself, we all do. There is always going to be someone better, prettier, taller, smaller, smarter, .... you see where I am going with this? There is always someone who has something you don't in life. Why? Each and every one of us are different with each our own path and eternal plans. See, I knew this yesterday but my heart felt broken and I felt low... but then I reminded myself that I will feel better again about myself and things will work out and be okay. My heavenly father loves me. That's all I need to know. Tonight I am feeling much better. For I know in my heart I have great self worth and much to offer this world. Things are not always my way, or as I would prefer them to be. I look at all those times and know that even though I had to sit out or wait, though I did not at that second get what I wanted. I will always receive something better in return. That I know because of my Savior Jesus Christ.  Which got me thinking of this quote by Gordon B. Hinckley
 
This quote is a favorite one because it suits me so incredibly well... and that's okay. Knowledge is power. Now I can continue working on myself and who I want to be! I don't pray to finish the race. But I pray I can keep moving forward with endurance until it's time for me to finish the race.-Chelle

No comments: