Monday, November 10, 2014

POTS is Mean!

Yesterday, I woke up to a horrible  surprise. I got out of bed and used the restroom. Then proceeded to walk back into my room to unhook from all my tubes. Then a huge wave of horrible nausea and pain hit. I was white as a ghost! Even my lips had no color to them. I couldn't breathe. I grabbed my flushes and ran into the restroom, so I could throw up if needed. My whole body burned my stomach cramped. Then I started passing out I passed out I think 5 times. When my Mom found me, I was on the bathroom floor with a saline flush connected to my line. In a horrible to see situation. lying there lifeless and incoherent. Slurring my speech and just feeling so much pain. My Mom played super hero and got me back in bed and literally had me drinking salt water. Then she added Gatorade and Pedialyte. it was awful and scary. I know I am not in "danger" during these episodes but I still worry every time that it is killing me and surely I will be dead soon. But then I pop out of them enough to have my brain back. It's hard to drink with gastroparesis and even more hard when my dysautonomia causes the Gastroparesis. So these attacks kick my Gastroparesis into play more. ugh the pain. I spent the whole day in bed non functional. It was a dreadful long day.
 My dog went and got my Mom to come check on me. It's not a coincidence! My dog and my Mom were  both prompted to help. I know I am so blessed in so many ways. That's what makes going through all this sick stuff okay. It is okay because I know there is a reason. God is with us always and so is our Savior Jesus Christ. Protectors. In the Doctrine and Covenants section. More specifically  D&C 84:88- "I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and my angels round about you to bear you up." (I know I use this one a lot but it is true! oh so wonderful a truth. He is always there and we have angels. Our angels in heaven and our angels on earth. My momma is my Angel here on earth. I am lucky to have her! 



No comments: