Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Spasming Stomach, What You Gonna Do.


I am very sick, I have a very unhappy stomach... saw my new Primary Care Physician and she knew what POTS/Dysautonomia was...WHAT! she couldn't remember every little thing about it but knew the basics (hey I don't know who can remember all that, I can't!) She was kind to me too :) My stomach is being hyperactive and spasming very badly. This is occurring from my Dysautonomia. GRR! So, everything I put in my stomach is just going to come up until we get it under control with medication. I can not do anything for pain except antispasmodic medications (if you have had spasms you know pain medication doesn't even touch it)  (which I knew because it happens very often...) I stopped eating yesterday and basically drinking due to it, I thought I was going to get reamed...no she was so kind and put me on an ice chip/ popsicle diet! (to avoid vomiting) because if there is one thing really bad for POTS it would be vomiting... makes you very dehydrated. She told me I knew my body!!! way cool! Waiting to go to motility clinic September 8th! can't get in any sooner. I have been waiting for this appointment all summer!! I think I have a glimmer of hope, my stomach may be headed or in not very good shape but God has a plan for me, I can handle this...

P.S This is what my spasming stomach feels like/symptoms.... it hurts bad! like over 10 on the pain scale! it is bloated, you will be very nauseated, vomiting, putting food or even drinking will make the pain worse and you will probably just throw it up anyways, it hurts to move, laying down feels best, it will feel like it is moving and gurgling a lot even though it is empty (because it is moving too much), it will hurt to even touch it very lightly with your finger. Very Painful! Go to your Doctor if you feel like this because it could be something more serious and I am not a doctor... But that is what my spasms are always like...
I sipped a sprite, cranberry, vanilla Slush from sonic instead...much tastier :) I know Halloween is coming soon so this picture about fits in there lol #whatsickpeoplelooklike.

No comments: