Saturday, December 20, 2014

Update.


I saw my new neurologist yesterday.  I wore this hat and yesterdays make up (i took this photo the day before the doctors) He was super nice and seemed to be a great doctor. I am getting to actually treat my POTS with medications in hopes to improve my symptoms! Syndromes are complicated so you can not just cure them. They really do not know anything about POTS except for it's symptoms. Which range to anything. I just took my first new medication and I am nervous it is to lower my high heart rate. We are hoping by calming the heart rate my whole body will be calmer. He didn't have a lot to say about the Gastroparesis besides it happens in us POTS patients. But he sat there and talked to me like a person. Not a number, not a cow, he didn't stare at the floor. He did not close his eyes. He did not ignore my questions. He didn't judge me or race to the finish line and think he knew what I was going to say. He let my finish talking. He let me ask questions and explained things to me. Part of me wonders why no one did this for me sooner and It makes me angry but I am just glad there is some form of symptoms help...let's just hope it works!
            My body may not be working and things are crazy literally but I am still me inside there and I think I am just starting to realize it. Hope for a better future <3- Chelle

No comments: