Monday, March 3, 2014

If you're wondering how I get through hard times like these...this is how..."sticky notes"

I read my scriptures every night. My scriptures are the bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price. I am currently at this time reading in the Doctrine & Covenants. Doing so is how I find peace in things that are hard such as being sick, or anything testing in life. I also learn many things... Lately what has been standing out to me while reading ( it's like heavenly father is leaving me little"sticky notes"...that's how I feel anyways about it... I can be reading along and all the sudden I find answers or like I said a little note of encouragement or even advice.) tonight I was reading and as I have been blogging the doctors think I could have something very scary wrong with me that could lead to a lot of problems and even result in death... I have strong faith and a strong testimony that God and Jesus Christ his son do exist... I also know their is eternal life. I also know God has an Eternal Plan for me and I believe very much so he has an eternal plan for each and every one of us! Tonight as I fight the worry of the possible horrific outcome of my health right now I am very scared but doing my best to lean on god for he is there for me.... tonight as I was reading I felt like this was my little extra "sticky notes" that I feel like God himself put in the Doctrine and Covenants just for me...D&C103:27. "Let no man be afraid to lay down his life for my sake; for whoso layeth down his life for my sake shall find it again." now I know he was referring to Joseph Smith Jun. and the saints in their works of the church. But to me it felt like a little post it as I worry about dying that their is an afterlife and not to be afraid of death. Here's another... D&C103:31 "Behold this is my will; ask and ye shall receive; but men do not always do my will." I felt like heavenly Father put this little "sticky note" in here to tell me, ask for health and for a good outcome of this test as it is easy to give up we have keep trying and test our faith in him...(goes along with my recent prayers)then their is D&C103:36 "All victory and glory is brought to pass unto you through your diligence, faithfulness, and prayers of faith." I feel like I was being told to have strong faith in the lord and be patient and constantly trying my best. I must trust in the lord. If I can not trust in him who can I trust in??...no one. Heavenly Father loves me and whatever the outcome of this test will be what is best for me in the long run.. I love my heavenly father and I love feeling Like I get special "sticky notes" while reading the scriptures. This is just another example of his never ending love. Prayers and this book I hold and faith ...That's the only way I get through hard times like these, and even the good times too <3 I love my Father in Heaven very much and his son Jesus Christ! I do say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
I love how in this picture it looks like light is coming from my scriptures...it's really off my bedside lamp but still Light is being spread and goodness when this book is open...