Thursday, April 17, 2014

Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome Tip #1

HI I am new to the whole Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. I have been starting the fluid and salt intake diet 10,000 mg of salt is a LOT of salt! But I have found one solid tip that helps me in what I call a "salt crisis" when I feel bad or just realize I am far away from my daily salt goal.... I eat a pickle covered in salt sliced pickles like quartered  are the best they have roughly 280 mg a slice and they are a food you can cover in tons of salt... they better part pickles have no calories, no fats, no sugars, they are literally salt and pickle juice is good to salt too and drink... I start and end my day with at least 1 pickle I am sure that sounds rather gross but it works for me... now if you do not have a special salt diet I do no suggest doing this tip... that would be unhealthy for you... but if you Have POTS and your Doctor puts you on the salt diet I say pickles are great for it!! #posturalorthostatictachycardiasyndrome

No comments: