Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Reason My Blog is Purple This Month....

I chose the color purple easily for purple is the color of Sjogren's Syndrome Awareness and the month April... I have been diagnosed with Sjogren's for 2 years and now I have several doctors arguing if I have it or not... time will tell... But Sjogren's' s is a serious disease that can be debilitating and causes much frustration. The hallmarks for this disease is a Dry mouth and Dry eyes... this is true because people with Sjogren's do suffer from this and it is due to inflamed saliva glands and tear glands.... the body attacks these glands for no unknown reason...(it too is an autoimmune disease) I don't like how they say Sjogren's is just dry mouth and eyes such on the Tv shows because their are SO MANY MORE SYMPTOMS TO THIS DISEASE! like sever fatigue, rashes, joint and muscle pain, brain for, peripheral neuropathy, stomach issues, hearing issues, headaches and much much more! Famous Venus Williams (the woman who plays pro tennis) has Sjogren's (just a little fact) If you want to learn more about Sjogren's Syndrome or even help with a donation for research click the link below! I pray for a cure not for just for myself but for all sufferers of this devastating disease...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sjogrens.org%2F&ei=O1REU_GcLoHlkAXHw4GABg&usg=AFQjCNE0mV6Vc7aVtlQZ_8KUx-9t1masQQ&bvm=bv.64507335,bs.1,d.aWc

No comments: